Thinking Literature across Continents (co-authored with J. Hillis Miller, Durham, London: Duke University Press, Fall, 2016)
1. Invited to deliver Public Lecture (Annual Lecture Series) at University of Cyprus , March, 2017. Also, to teach a postgraduate seminar on Thinking Literature across Continents and Theory: ‘Thinking Literature, thinking Trans’
2. Invited to present a Research Seminar, Department of English, University of Malta, March 2017, on Thinking Literature across Continents and other issues related to theory and comparative philosophy:
‘CounterText: Post Literary & the Across’
6.Critical Forum on Thinking Literature across Continents in premier international journals: these forums will have critical essays on the book.
Symploke (Nebraska University Press) will publish a critical forum on the book in 2017 with four contributors:
R. Radhakrishnan (University of California, Irvine)
Tom Cohen (State University of New York)
Zong-Qi Cai (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
Mircia Martin (University of Bucharest, Romania)
Literary Imagination (Oxford University Press) will publish a Critical Forum on Thinking Literature across Continents in early 2018: contributorsare,
Seamus Perry (University of Oxford)
Claire Colebrook (Penn State University)
Tabish Khair (Aarhus University, Denmark)
Dianne F. Sadoff (Rutgers University)
College Literature will publish a Critical Forum around the book in early 2018. Contributors writing on the book include:
Ankhi Mukherjee (Oxford University)
John Peters (University of North Texas)
Ning Yizhong (Beijing Language and Culture University, China).
Huda J. Fakhreddine (University of Pennsylvania)
Frederic Regard (Paris-Sorbonne University, France)
Thomas Docherty (University of Warwick, England)
Martin Middeke (Augsburg University, Germany)
Comparative Critical Studies(Penn State University Press) will publish a critical forum with essays on Thinking Literature across Continents by
Laurent Dubreil (Cornell University)
Nicholas Harrison (King’s College, London)
Nicholas Royle (Sussex University)
7. Special Number on Thinking Literature across Continents in the journal CounterText (Edinburgh University Press). CounterText is publishing a double issue on the book in early 2018; the special numbers will include fourteen long essays on the book. The contributors are:
8. A Special Number on the book will be published by Interdisciplinary Literary Studies(Penn State University Press) in 2018. Essays on the book will be written by:
Muhsin Al-Musawi (Columbia University)
Diana Brydon (University of Manitoba, Canada)
Birgit Kaiser (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
Susana Onega (Zaragoza University, Spain)
Maria Margaroni (University of Cyprus)
Steven Yao (Hamilton College, US)
Pramod Nayar (University of Hyderabad, India)
Jakob Lothe (University of Oslo, Norway)
Anfeng Sheng (Tsingsua University, Beijing, China)
Shaobo Xie (University of Calgary, Canada)
Simona Sawhney (Indian Institute of Technology, India)
Jonathan Hart (Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Foreign Languages, China)
Lene Johannessen (University of Bergen, Norway)
Ming Dong Gu (University of Texas at Dallas)
Saugata Bhadhuri (Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)
Erik Roraback (Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic)
Sigi Jottkandt (University of New South Wales, Australia)
Daniel Doogan (The University of Tampa, US)
Mads Thomsen (Aarhus University, Denmark)
9.Thinking Literature across Continents is also scheduled to be reviewed in various leading international journals. Watch out this space for more details soon.
10. Department of English, University of North Bengal, holds an international conference titled Thinking Literature across Continents on 23-24-25th March, 2017. Keynote speakers are, J. Hillis Miller, Francois Noudelmann (University of Paris VIII), Georges Van Den Abbeele (University of California, Irvine), Birgit Kaiser (Utretch University, Netherlands) & Bruno Clement (University of Paris VIII).
3. Invited to deliver the inaugural lecture at the Winter School on 'Globalization and Literature' organised by Wuerzburg University (Germany) and Jawaharlal Nehru University:
23rd February, 2017: Inaugural Talk: 'More than Global'
24th February, 2017: Workshop on 'Thinking Literature across Continents'
4. Open Research Seminars at Department of English, Bankura University: Thinking Literature across Continents (16th February, 2017) & Thinking Tagore across Continents (17th February, 2017). These research seminars are centred around three of my recent books: Thinking Literature across Continents (Duke University Press, 2016, with J Hillis Miller), Transcultural Poetics (London: Routledge, 2016) & Aesthetics, Politics, Pedagogy, Tagore (London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017).
5. Open Seminar on 'Trans-(In)fusion' at Ambedkar University, New Delhi, 22nd February, 2017. This research seminar will be based on my work.